Saturday, January 28, 2012

Serendipity

I had spent a rainy afternoon earlier in the week doodling on an art pad, something
I literally have not done in years. My doodling ended up being mostly words that
were on my mind at the time, but I thought I saw a profile in way they were laid
out. I don't have a scanner so I took a digital picture of my drawing and opened it
in my graphic art software where I added all sorts of fun stuff to the original drawing.
I ended up working on it for hours with no intention of doing anything with it....

And then: I was poking around in the blog world the other night and came across a blog at
http://www.inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com that offers a weekly challenge. I had never
been to this site before, but it just so happens that this weeks challenge is to create something
using primarily words! Well what do you know? I love it when stuff like that happens...

So I am submitting my fancy doodle because, heck, why not?

3 comments:

  1. This really IS the perfect entry. So glad you joined the IA challenge this week, because I got to visit your blog. What fun! Love your drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your entry so brightens a dull, grey day in england! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!
    Glad you joined in at IA today!

    ReplyDelete