Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another month almost gone...

It seems like I have not had much time in the studio lately, and yet I have finished a few things and started another. My lady is by far the weirdest thing I have ever made, but I love her! She has a whole creation story that can be read at my etsy shop, where I have her listed for sale. She was great fun. Here she is in all her
glory.


as soon as she was finished I started working on a couple of bunnies...a mild project after the last! I had made  bunnies from this pattern back in the early 90's, for gifts. They were real popular and I saw one the other day when visiting my daughter and thought, what the heck...why not make some more to offer for sale...so I started a few. These will be carved, since I have the technology now to do that.


I also lost myself for a couple of days in a drawing that came as a surprise. I had no plan for it. I just had the urge last Sunday to draw a picture and it ended up taking me almost 2 full days! I think I will list it for sale, because- why not?



This is my vision of the Tree of Life. There is actually a bit of metallic ink and sparkles in the drawing but the camera won't capture it....

Spring has sprung here on the west coast and I can never resist pulling out the camera and taking pictures this time of year. I got a few good shots off this last week.


Aren't they lovely?



I will post a preview of the bunnies when they are ready to list...until then...

so long.

annie




2 comments:

  1. Wow, we do not get any of those house finches over here. We only get chickadees, California jays (naughty - eating from my "tweety birds" feeder) and an occasional Goldfinch or two. Oh, and then those Mammal birds - squirrels! Can't believe what they do to get sunflower seeds. Heard a hummingbird the other day, although I didn't ever see it. Hope it is warm and safe today. Boy, it is cold. You are a fabulous artist. As soon as I saw the tree I knew it was the tree of life. Funny. Then I scrolled down and it WAS the tree of life.
    Keep up the good work.
    Maryfaith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple finches - that is what those are. Just came back to me. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete